Thanks to all who participated the second in our series of talks on childhood health topics, Feeding a Picky Toddler, with Dr. Mondesir and Kerri Charles, a Registered Dietitian. We hope you came away with useful information and valuable resources for helping your child. For those that could not attend, here are 6 key highlights from our discussion with a link to 4 healthy and toddler-friendly recipes:
- Avoid pushing the child to eat. Allow the child to stop eating when he/she is ready.
- Allow the child to determine when he/she is full.
- Offer a variety of nutritious foods on a regular basis.
- Encourage your child to help pick out fruits and veggies and even help with simple meal prep tasks.
- Offer the same foods for the whole family.
- Plan meals for the week before you shop and shop once for the week.
Recipes: Check out 4 delicious, healthy recipes here.